Monday, July 13, 2009

My Strawberry Lemonade Girl

Today, I had a waitress that said one of the strangest things a waitress has ever said to me. When we were done, she said "Come back and visit.". Who says that? That's like something your distant relative says after you meet them for the first time. I don't think me and Christy were related due to such factors as I liked her and she wasn't a jagoff. Like...did she mean that though? Does she actually want us to come back and visit? Cause she was super cute and I'm up for it. I'd visit her all day. But when she said that, I just started laughing....cause I thought "What if I did? What if I just came back to "visit"?". You know, "Hey, is Christy here. I was in the neighborhood and just thought I'd come by to visit, maybe talk about the baseball game. I brought some fruit salad, if you guys want any fruit salad." What a weird situation. Maybe my mind takes things in ways they weren't intended but it was just strange and then Pete gave her a 20 dollar tip. So, I guess the moral of the story is maybe you should be a little more cute and strange. It might get easier to pay those bills.

I could go on to tell you about our trip to Wal-Mart but I don't have the time to describe all the grotesque, half-human/half-rodent people I viewed there. That place is the home of God's spare parts. I didn't even want to keep my eyes open. I got by on daydreams of all my future visits to Christy and the life we will have together, the two of us and our scottish terrier, Johnny Cash. We sure did love our future little man in black.

1 comment: