Saturday, February 7, 2009

True Story

This is a new segment of the blog where I will tell you a true story, from my own life. Fun, right? I know.

So, the other night I was having dinner with my parents. It started innocently enough. ("Hey, here's a steak, have some potatoes.", etc...etc...) Then, after five or so minutes they just started yelling at me and telling me I need to get a job.

My mom told me that I have to because "everyone has to have a job."

I said "Why do I have to do what everyone is doing? If everyone jumps off a bridge, am I supposed to jump off a bridge?!".

Although I had clearly thoroughly outfoxed her using her own mom-logic, it somehow did not help my argument. You can't deal with these people. They have no ideology.

2 comments:

  1. you think thats bad....in some cultuers, that logic won;t work at all. EVER!

    Here is a true story. A Young arab boy was having an argument with his parents about conformity, and the dad said

    "If everyone else strapped a bomb to there chest and blew up the jewish market, would you do it too?"

    2 days later a father looked at a greese spot on the road at the market and siad

    "guess he showed me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't you saying you needed a job?

    ReplyDelete